- NewAge in Congo-Brazzaville
NewAge views Congo-Brazzaville as an under-valued proven oil and gas province with near-term production opportunities and attractive upside potential. Resource composition for NewAge assets currently under or near development is approximately 55 percent oil/45 percent gas. This is encouraging for the further development of the country's power generation market and/or entry into the liquefied natural gas market. Planned reinjection of gas production during initial oil development would benefit gas project financing.
We have taken positions in two offshore oil and gas licences, Marine XII and Marine III. To date, three oil and three gas discoveries have been made. A phased development of the Litchendjili field on the Marine XII block is underway with first production achieved in July 2015. An early oil development of the Nene field is already in production, with full field development pending additional appraisal drilling.
Further appraisal of the Marine III block is planned.
Congo-Brazzaville Marine XII Marine III Operator Eni (65%) NewAge Congo (75%)1 Other participants NewAge M12 Holdings (25%)
SNPC (25%) Discoveries Litchendjili, Nene, Minsala, NKala Work programme Appraisal and development drilling.
Field development and production.
Exploration / Ocean
Bottom Cable Survey
1: Final equity subject to SNPC assignment nomination right.
- NewAge Congo-Brazzaville timeline
2009 Marine XII farm-in for 25% interest2012Nene-1 discovery well drilled2012Litchendjili field development plan approved2012Litchendjili Final Investment Decision2013Nene-2 exploration well tested2013Litchendjili-6 well tested2013Nene-3 exploration well tested2014Nene field early development plan approved2014Nene early development Final Development Decision2014Block Marine III interest award2014Minsala-1 exploration well makes significant oil discovery2014Nene first oil production2015Litchendjili Phase 1 first production
- Marine XII
- First oil production on stream in 2014
- Located offshore in shallow water on Congo shelf
- 40+ wells drilled since 1972, plus full 3D seismic
- 15 - 20 km offshore in shallow water
- 3 oil discoveries (Litchendjili, Nene and Minsala (formerly Louvessi)
- 3 gas discoveries (Litchendjili, Nene and NKala)
Oil and gas discoveries in Marine XII
- Oil and gas discovery
- Gas cap fully defined with excellent productivity
- Oil extends to east and west flanks
- Phased development with ongoing appraisal:
- Phase 1 first production in 2015
- Initial producer well drilled in 2014
- Phase 2 under design
- Final Investment Decision for Phase 2 development in 2017
- Oil and gas discovery
- First three wells tested oil and gas
- Nene early production scheme with two wells tied back to Zatchi platform
- First oil achieved in December 2014
- Final Investment Decision for Phase 2A development in 2015
- Final Investment Decision full field in 2017
- Oil discovery (formerly known as Louvessi)
- Minsala-1 well flowed 4,840 bopd on DST
- PEX awarded in 2016
- Gas discovery (2015)
- Intersected 95m net pay, tested gas and condensate
- Potential for deeper oil pay
- Appraisal well planned in 2018
- Marine III
- Block lies directly between Marine XII and the coast
- 3D Ocean-Bottom Cable seismic survey completed 2014